Blog
07/04/2019
It’s important for all homeowners to give their underlay choice some serious thought. This post has some information to help.

It’s fair to say that the majority of homeowner will spend 99% of their time and effort choosing the right carpet, and the remaining 1% is afforded to choosing the underlay, more often than not choosing the option which is the cheapest or recommended by their contractor. If this sounds like you, below is a post from Midland Cleanpro with information about the range of underlay options available which might just make you spend a little more time when choosing the right option for you.

Create a Realistic Budget

Renovating your home can be an expensive task, leading many to look for ways to cut costs. And while your underlay may seem like an easy-target, it’s important to remember that underlay is not simply a layer of rubber underneath your carpet. After considering the choices below, give some reconsideration to your budget or, at the least, provide this element with a little more protection when it comes to cutting costs. Cutting costs in this area can result in you not enjoying the home as much as you could, and potentially requiring you to refloor in a few years time.

Keeping Things Cool. or Warm.

If you struggle to keep the temperature in your home down during the summer and comfortable during the winter, then the right underlay can help. The right underlay can have some great benefits in this regard, holding the heat when the temperature drops and allowing your home to cool during the heat. However, it’s important to keep a couple of points in mind:
  • It’s unrealistic to expect underlay to replace the service which your air conditioner or heating provides. However, this isn’t to discount its real benefits, which can be significant.
  • While you don’t have to spend a fortune, if this feature is important to you, then it is worth considering the higher end of the budget scale.
If you are tired of looking at a stain on your carpet or your floors have seen better days, Midland Cleanpro can help. To find out more about their professional carpet cleaning services, speak with a carpet cleaning professional at Midland Cleanpro by calling (432) 889-7199 and book your appointment.

Silent Footsteps

Nobody likes to watch TV or read a book and hear the person above them walking around or moving their furniture. However, without the right underlay then this is exactly what the environment could be like in your home. If you have a home with multi-stories or you want to be a considerate upstairs neighbor, look for an underlay which provides superior benefit in this regard, keeping in mind that the more effective underlay you purchase, the more expensive it can be. This shouldn’t be a deterrent but more a note to include consideration in your budget.

Moving Your Furniture

Keeping your furniture home fresh and changing its look is important for all homeowners, however, it can often result in marks on your carpet which doesn't seem to bounce back. For this reason, it’s important to keep this in mind when choosing your underlay. A high-quality and purpose designed underlay can come back after years of being pushed down, helping to improve the look of your carpet each time that rearrange your furniture. As you can imagine, this can offer homeowners with much more flexibility with the style of their home.

Comfort, Last, but Not Least

Of course, one of the most important aspects of your decision making will be the level of comfort you want. Whether this is a firm carpet to support you or something soft and cloud-like to either add comfort or complement a carpet choice. When choosing an underlay based on comfort, it’s important that you keep in mind that the price is often associated with the quality. This is to say, you are likely going to get the level of product that you pay for. Of course, this doesn’t mean that you need to buy the most expensive underlay, however, if you are choosing based on comfort then it’s wise to consider the higher end of the price range.

High-Quality Carpet Cleaning in Midland, TX

If you aren’t sure when your carpest last received a professional clean or you are tired of looking at a stubborn stain which you just can’t manage to remove, professional carpet cleaning can help. To make a convenient appointment or to learn more about the benefits of Cleanpro’s ION Exchange carpet cleaning system, speak with a carpet cleaning professional at Midland Cleanpro by calling (432) 889-7199.

Contact David Parker
(432) 889-7199